Tuesday, September 3, 2013

wasabi tape fail

Yes, I know the proper name is washi tape but my brain always pronounces it as wasabi. Just like Downton Abbey, I could have sworn it was really Down TOWN!  Speaking of wasabi, it makes me think of sushi, none of which I've had in a few months.  I miss it.

Anyway, I finally bought some as it seemed like it could give me a quick Craft High without a lot of time and effort.   I picked up this pretty pack of tape.



I thought I could take one our huge bulletin boards and pretty her up, for my craft room.



I added the tape, then I added a second coat of tape because it seemed to light.



Then I threw some plain, white paper for more pop. One sheet of something would look better but I was going with what I had.



End result?  I HATE IT!!  The colors remind me of the Miami Dolphins and will totally clash in the craft room, which is mint green.  What looked good under plastic just didn't work with what I had in mind.  Luckily, the tape is very forgiving so I can always rip it off and redo it.  Or, I might just hang it up in The Boy's room.

Not to be deterred, I took the small board we have in the kitchen and did this.



The one colored tape looks better and I am happy with it.  Now I bet The Husband is going to take another look at the board because I did it last week and I doubt he's noticed!


I do think The Husband jinxed me.  Last week he said if the name of the blog is The Unexceptional Housewife, my things should look half-assed.  Honey, my stuff looks like the kids did most of it!!  Most of the bloggers I follow use miter saws, drills, power sanders....I am just beginning to use a hammer!

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha I love it. I have a small washi tape obsession. Among other things. I am loving the blue tape!

    ReplyDelete